This traffic control course combines two units of competency, the Control Traffic with Stop/Slow Bat and Implement Traffic Management Plan. In this dual traffic control course, you will learn the skills to implement a traffic management plan, control traffic with a stop and slow bat, set up traffic control equipment, use signs and devices to direct and coordinate traffic through a work zone, traffic guidance scheme or road works. Successful students will understand how to guide drivers through changed road conditions, making this a valuable skill set for a range of industries.
Our traffic control courses will teach you the skills to:
- Understand a traffic management plan
- Control and direct traffic
- Understand traffic control signage and barricades
- Use two-way radios
- Understand traffic control responsibilities
- Assess hazards and risks
- Basic signalling techniques
- Understand building and civil construction terminology
Delivery of this combined traffic management course takes place over 2 days and can be undertaken at either our Werribee or Geelong campus locations or at your own work site. Participants will be assessed by experienced instructors via written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration. Those that successfully complete the traffic control course will obtain a nationally accredited traffic management statement of attainment.
Ensure that you have a high quality learning by choosing MultiSkills
MultiSkills courses are made with the needs of the students and the industries they’re trying to enter in mind. Our aim is to help students succeed by providing top-notch practical skills and knowledge via our high quality facilities and experienced instructors. Call our friendly customer service staff on 1800SKILLS or send us a message via our contact page to find out more. Our team is always happy to help new and prospective students with any questions or queries they may have about their learning.
Units of Competency
- RIIWHS205E – Control traffic with a stop-slow bat
- RIIWHS302E – Implement traffic management plans
Accreditation & Currency
- Usage recommendation: Current
- This is a nationally recognised unit of competency (https://training.gov.au)
- Minimum 17 years
- 2 Days
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements. Weekday and Weekends available
- Low student to trainer ratio
- Factory 6/43-47 Riverside Avenue, Werribee VIC 3030
- 351-359 Portarlington Road, Moolap VIC 3224 (Geelong)
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration.
- As MultiSkills Training is not CRICOS approved we are unable to enrol any students that are on a student VISA, if you are on a student VISA you will need to go to a TAFE or RTO that is CRICOS approved.
- Ability to comprehend the English language
- A USI Number (Unique Student Identifier) Visit: www.usi.gov.au
- Safety footwear
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited traffic management statement of attainment.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited traffic management statement of attainment.
Although our Traffic Management units are nationally recognised, States and territories have different requirements for Traffic control. Please visit the following websites to assist you in determining whether this course is suitable for you.
- Fee for service – $390 pp
- Add White Card for $100 (normally $150)
- Add White Card and First Aid for $210 (normally $300 for both)
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Theory Re-Assessment – $150
- Practical & Theory Re-Assessment – 80% of the total course fee
- Card reprint fee – To issue a replacement card, there will be a fee of $30
A traffic management ticket is a valuable choice for any worker looking to enter a variety of industries. Apart from the wealth of opportunities available in civil & building construction and road maintenance, successful completion of a traffic management course can lead to operational roles in industries such as civil and building construction, rail, road construction, mining, as well as residential and commercial construction. Its versatility and high demand will make it an attractive addition to any resume.
MultiSkills Training offers a complete traffic management course at our Melbourne and Geelong training facilities or at client locations. We train you in the fundamentals, including how to understand a traffic management plan while effectively and safely controlling and redirecting traffic.
Choosing MultiSkills for your traffic management course means studying at a training organisation that’s proven as an industry leader. All our courses are delivered by highly skilled industry experienced and knowledgeable trainers, and provide you with the practical skills and knowledge and understanding you need to succeed.
At MultiSkills Training we are here to support you. Our mission is to empower Victorian students to realise their full potential through a high-quality learning experience. Whether you’re looking for a civil construction course (Werribee), civil construction course (Geelong), confined space training or are going for your traffic management ticket or white card, know that you’ll receive high-quality training at MultiSkills Training.
Learn how our training courses could enhance your career. Start a conversation with the team at MultiSkills Training today and book your spot in one of our courses held at our Melbourne and Geelong locations.
Have one of our team call you
Fill in your details to take the next step!
“I learnt how to drive all of the equipment, excavator, dozer, front-end loader and backhoe, it was really good.”
“Just give it a go, if its something you want to do just have the confidence to try it”