MultiSkills Training, has construction courses available either as full fee or with Government funding under the Skills First Program for eligible students. Government funding is not a loan and is provided with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding. Eligible students are entitled to Government funding for the following courses:
- RII30815 – CERTIFICATE III IN CIVIL CONSTRUCTION PLANT OPERATIONS (GEELONG)
- RII30815 – CERTIFICATE III IN CIVIL CONSTRUCTION PLANT OPERATIONS (WERRIBEE)
- CPC30911 – CERTIFICATE III IN SCAFFOLDING
Am I eligible for a government-subsidised training place?
Generally, you are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age
- seeking to enrol in a Foundation Skills List course (and do not hold a Diploma or above qualification or are receiving core skills training in other sectors)
- seeking to enrol in VCE or VCAL
- seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship
- 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification.
Current school students
If you are enrolled at a school, you will not be able to receive a government-subsidised training place for a course through the Skills First Program, unless you are undertaking the course as part of a School-Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
In Victoria, the Education and Training Reform Act (2006) requires that children and young people between the age of 6 and 17 be enrolled at a school, unless exempted by an Order made by the Minister. Such exemptions are administered under delegation by Department Regional Directors and School Principals.
Therefore Prior to enrolling a student who is under the age of 17 we must meet the following guidelines:
- For students who have not yet completed Year 10, the RTO must sight correspondence or a certificate signed by the Department of Education and Training Regional Director that exempts the student from school attendance and clearly identifies the RTO and the training to be undertaken;
- and for students who have completed Year 10, the RTO must sight either: correspondence or a certificate signed by the School Principal confirming an exemption from school attendance has been granted and clearly identifying the RTO and the training to be undertaken, OR a completed Transition from School Form indicating the School Principal has authorised an exemption from school enrolment and clearly identifying the RTO and the training to be undertaken (noting that this can only be sighted if provided by the student or their parent/carer).
How many courses am I eligible for?
You are eligible to commence a maximum of two subsidised courses at the same qualification level in your lifetime. This restriction applies whether or not you complete the courses. For example, this means if you have already commenced two courses at the Certificate III level, you may only commence courses at the Certificate IV level (or above).
This restriction does not apply to courses on the Foundation Skills List or to students recommencing training in the same qualification (at the same or a different provider).
In addition, eligible students can begin up to two subsidised courses in a year as long as you are not doing any more than two courses at a time.
Please be advised that enrolling in Government funded subsidised courses may affect your future training options and eligibility for further Government subsidised training under the Skills First Program.
Falsifying any information regarding eligibility for Government funding may result in you having to pay back the Government for the subsidised training
What are the fees?
- The Victorian Government will help cover the cost of training in a government subsidised place. You may still be required to cover some of the cost by paying tuition fees.
- The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
What if I want to study but are not eligible for the subsidy?
- You can still study at your choice of training provider if places are available, but you may not be able to access a government subsidised tuition fee.
Where can I get more information?
- Call in and see us or call us on 1800 SKILLS (1800 754 557) or email email@example.com or visit education.vic.gov.au/victorianskillsgateway/Students/Pages/default.aspx
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different government funded courses in construction?
Eligible students will be supported in undertaking government funded courses under the Skills First Program. Those eligible can study courses like a Cert III in Civil Construction – Plant Operations, and a Cert 3 in Scaffolding. Both of these certifications can be achieved with the help of accredited training provider MultiSkills Training.
How many government funded courses can I do?
An individual student can commence a maximum of two government funded courses at the same qualification level over the course of their working life. This means that if you have undertaken two government funded courses at Cert 3, you will only be eligible for a subsidy on courses at Cert IV or above.
Are government funded courses free?
For eligible students undertaking specific courses, government funding will cover the cost. At MultiSkills Training, a government funded course in Cert III Civil Construction or Cert III Scaffolding will not cost you anything at all.
Can I get funding for a level 3 course?
Government funding is available to eligible students for a select range of courses. You can commence up to two courses at the Cert III level and government funding to assist. Call MultiSkills Training today to discuss your eligibility for government funding.
Trade Training Group Pty Ltd TOID 40846 Trading as MultiSkills Training
The Skills First Program (SFP) is a Government initiative providing subsidized training for eligible individuals who wish to obtain a VET qualification. It is funded with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. MultiSkills can assist you and the process is simple.