Work at height’ means working in a location, where, if no precautions are implemented, a person could fall a distance liable to cause injury or death. It remains one of the major causes of death and serious injury in the workplace today. In the working at heights course, you will learn the skills needed to identify work requirements, work procedures and instructions, access and install equipment, perform work at heights and clean-up work areas.
This course will teach you the skills to
- Identify work requirements
- Identify work procedures and instructions
- Access and install equipment
- Perform work at heights
- Clean up work area
Units of Competency
- RIIWHS204D – Work Safely at Heights
- Minimum 17 years
- 1 day
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements.
- Low student to trainer ratio
- Factory 6/43-47 Riverside Avenue, Werribee VIC 3030
- 351-359 Portarlington Road, Moolap VIC 3224 (Geelong)
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration.
- As MultiSkills Training is not CRICOS approved we are unable to enrol any students that are on a student VISA, if you are on a student VISA you will need to go to a TAFE or RTO that is CRICOS approved.
- Ability to comprehend the English language
- A USI Number (Unique Student Identifier) Visit: www.usi.gov.au
- Safety footwear
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
Fee for service
- $300 per person
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Theory Re-Assessment – $150
- Practical & Theory Re-Assessment – 80% of the total course fee
- Card reprint fee – To issue a replacement card, there will be a fee of $30
- Please be advised that we also have a package deal that includes, Boom lift over 11 metres, Scissor Lift and Working at Heights. If you are interested in all of these courses the total cost of all three courses would be $970 (normally $1170) which is a saving of $200!
- 05 January 2021 (Werribee)
- 18 January 2021 (Geelong)
- 01 February 2021 (Werribee)
- 15 February 2021 (Geelong)
- 01 March 2021 (Werribee)
- 15 March 2021 (Geelong)
- 05 April 2021 (Werribee)
- 19 April 2021 (Geelong)
Do I need a licence to operate an EWP?
Yes, anyone operating an Boom lift over 11 metres needs to hold a valid WorkSafe licence to perform high risk work. This is to ensure that you are able to work in a way that is safe for yourself, other workers and members of the public. Getting an EWP ticket from MultiSkills will give you the confidence and skills needed to perform in a safe and efficient way.
What does an EWP ticket cover?
An EWP licence covers the knowledge and skills needed to safely operate an elevated work platform with a boom length measuring over 11m in height. To receive an EWP ticket, you will have to complete the assessment required to earn a high-risk work licence. If you do not hold a valid licence and continue to operate an EWP, then you can face serious consequences.
Does an EWP licence cover working at heights?
An EWP licence applies to the operation of elevated work platforms over 11m in height. This is different to the type of licence required for working safely at heights. MultiSkills Training also provide courses in Working at Heights.
How much does an EWP ticket cost?
An EWP course completed with MultiSkills costs $570 per person. With this training, you’ll learn about stability, communication, hazard detection plus a range of other important skills. We offer affordable pricing and expert teaching to all participants plus flexible modes of delivery to ensure that everyone can learn in a way that suits them.
Obtaining the required ticket to work safely at heights provides you with a range of opportunities to explore jobs across multiple roles in the building and civil construction industries.
Choosing MultiSkills for your working at heights course means studying at a training organisation that’s proven as an industry leader. All our courses are delivered by highly skilled industry experienced and knowledgeable trainers, and provide you with the practical skills and knowledge that you need to succeed.
Our work safely at heights course covers safety, jobsite communication, work procedures and instructions, access and install equipment, and performing work at heights.
Working at Heights Training with MultiSkills can be completed at our Melbourne facility, as well as at client sites. We care about the outcome of each student and trust that our high quality training will leave you well equipped to perform working at heights tasks at your workplace.
To add further options to your career path, we offer induction courses for construction (white card) and elevated work platforms. Together with our first aid courses, these qualifications will help to build your skillset, confidence and ability to pursue the type of job that best suits you.
Get in touch with our friendly team today to discuss your training needs. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer care for each and every student who chooses to study with MultiSkills. We provide high-quality learning experiences to equip Victorian students with the skills that they need to succeed in their chosen industry.