In this forklift license course you will learn the skills and knowledge required to drive forklifts effectively and safely. A forklift licence will allow you to operate all types of forklift. MultiSkills forklift training in Melbourne covers all the functions you need to understand and master in order to operate a forklift and obtain a high risk work license from Worksafe Victoria. At MultiSkills, our experienced teachers and instructor use the most up-to-date learning methods and practices to ensure that you walk away from your forklift course equipped to begin working effectively and safely.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Drive powered industrial forklift trucks
- Use various forklift attachments
- Understand forklift characteristics and capabilities
- Check and assess operational capabilities of equipment
- Understand work instructions
- Move and place a variety of loads
- Identify hazards and assess risks
- Keep accurate records
Before undertaking your forklift license course with MultiSkills, you’ll be required to complete pre-training study material so that you’re ready to go during the 2-day course. Assessment of participant’s capabilities will be made through a variety of written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration.
Make the most of your learning with a high quality provider like MultiSkills
When it comes to delivering top-notch training that considers both the needs of the industry and the needs of the students, the professional team at MultiSkills are experts. With years of experience and plenty of valuable network connections, MultiSkills is able to offer its students the perfect balance of practical experience, theoretical knowledge, career-focused insights and opportunities, and nationally accredited training.
If you’ve been thinking about doing a forklift training course in Melbourne, contact our professional customer service staff by calling 1800SKILLS or send us a message via our contact page to find out how MultiSkills can help you.
Units of Competency
- TLILIC0003 – Licence to operate a forklift truck
- Minimum 18 years
- 2 days
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements. Weekday and Weekends available.
- STUDY MATERIAL: Students are to complete pre-training study material supplied by MultiSkills Training
- Low student to trainer ratio
- Factory 6/43-47 Riverside Avenue, Werribee VIC 3030
- 351-359 Portarlington Road, Moolap VIC 3224 (Geelong)
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- As MultiSkills Training is not CRICOS approved we are unable to enrol any students that are on a student VISA. If you are on a student VISA you will need to go to a TAFE or RTO that is CRICOS approved
- Ability to comprehend the English language
- A USI Number (Unique Student Identifier) Visit: www.usi.gov.au
- Safety footwear
To be eligible to undertake a High Risk Work Licence in Victoria you must be a Victorian resident and be able to provide Government issued photo identification that proves you reside in Victoria, if your photo identification does not have a Victorian address you must also provide one of the following forms of identification upon enrolment:
- Victorian Firearm Licence
- Victorian Boat Licence
- KeyPass or Proof of age card with Victorian address
- A utility bill – e.g. gas or water bill with Victorian address
- A bank statement with Victorian address
- A statutory declaration proving that you reside in Victoria
If you cant provide one of the above please contact the office on 1800 754 557.
Fee for service
- $520 per person (Weekdays)
- $580 per person (Weekends)
- Government funding is available to eligible individuals who enrol in the qualification CPC30911 Certificate III in Scaffolding
- MultiSkills also offers V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Theory Re-Assessment $150
- Practical & Theory Re-Assessment 80% of the total course fee
High Risk Work License Application
The licence to perform High Risk Work is issued by WorkSafe Victoria. When the assessor deems you competent, you will need to lodge your licence application and Notice of Assessment within 60 days to obtain a high risk work licence.
You can now apply, renew or amend a high risk work licence online at: https://www.myworksafe.vic.gov.au
You will receive an email from myWorkSafe that contains your Training ID. The email will contain a link that allows you to download the Notice of Assessment (NOA) to enable you to lodge your licence application. All licence applications incur a fee payable to WorkSafe Victoria. Further details can be found at: worksafe.vic.gov.au/high-risk-work-licence or by calling WorkSafe on 1300 852 562.
- 19 – 20 April 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 21 – 22 April 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 22 – 23 April 2021 (Werribee)
- 26 – 27 April 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 28 – 29 April 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 29 – 30 April 2021 (Werribee)
- 01 – 02 May 2021 (Werribee Weekend)
- 03 – 04 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 05 – 06 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 06 – 07 May 2021 (Werribee)
- 08 – 09 May 2021 (Werribee Weekend)
- 10 – 11 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 12 – 13 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 17 – 18 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 19 – 20 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 20 – 21 May 2021 (Werribee)
- 24 – 25 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 26 – 27 May 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 31 May & 01 June 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 02 – 03 June 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 05 – 06 June 2021 Werribee Weekend)
- 07 – 08 June 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 09 – 10 June 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
- 15 – 16 June 2021 (Geelong & Werribee)
How much does it cost to get a forklift Licence in Victoria?
Getting your forklift licence requires that you undergo both theory and practical training and assessment in Victoria. You can find top quality training at a competitive price here with us at MultiSkills Training. We offer forklift training courses at $520.00 per person (during weekdays) and $580.00 per person (during weekends).
How do you get a forklift licence?
Getting your forklift licence takes finding a registered training organisation (RTO) and participating in an accredited course. In this course, you’ll be taught the basics of forklift operation and maintenance, along with basic OH&S and safety awareness.
To get started, simply get in contact with us at MultiSkills Training. We can get you up to speed and certified to operate a forklift and other sorts of plant machinery in no time at all!
How hard is it to get a forklift Licence?
Operating a forklift requires the driver to pay careful attention to their surroundings and the job at hand. While we seek to make our courses accessible, it is crucial that every operator has a sound working knowledge of how to operate their forklift safely. MultiSkills Training have forklift courses available at our Geelong or Werribee locations. Our trainers are subject matter experts who are there to provide the quality training required to achieve competency.
How long is a forklift course?
The forklift operators’ course that we run at MultiSkills Training sees students undertaking two days of practical and theoretical training and a final assessment. The course will cover all the basics of operating a forklift at a worksite. If you’re successful, you’ll come out with the necessary certifications to drive and operate a forklift.
A forklift licence is a WorkSafe requirement for anyone wanting to operate a forklift in industries such as civil & building construction, manufacturing, logistics and warehousing.
MultiSkills Training has licensed thousands of new forklift drivers, providing them with the essential skills they need to operate a forklift, including pre-start checks and applying and conducting risk and hazard assessment strategies. We go further than simply teaching you how to operate the forklift, providing you the skills and knowledge needed to get your job done while protecting yourself, your future co-workers and the company’s assets.
Key to this is understanding the workplace health and safety regulations that forklift drivers must abide by. We ensure that in addition to knowing how to effectively and safely use a forklift, all students attending our forklift training courses learn how to be compliant with national and state/territory workplace regulations.
At MultiSkills Training we are here to support you. Our mission is to empower Victorian students to realise their full potential through a high-quality learning experience. Whether you’re going for your excavator ticket, after a white card or are embarking on a civil construction course, know that you’ll be supported at every step of the way by industry experienced and knowledgeable trainers. We regularly consult with industry bodies to ensure our courses align with current industry needs, helping you get job-ready while you build knowledge skills.
With two Victorian locations in Melbourne and Geelong, we make it easy for people to access the training they need to succeed. If you’re interested in acquiring a forklift licence, make an enquiry today and we’ll be happy to assist.