Excavators are machines that are commonly used on building, civil construction and landfill sites. Operation of an excavator require a certificate of competency. In this Excavator course, you will learn the skills needed to conduct excavator operations. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating the machine; lifting, carrying and placing materials; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; relocating the machine; carrying out machine operator maintenance and cleaning up. Our courses teach students to work safely and efficiently so that they can succeed throughout their career.
This course will teach you the skills to
- Operate the excavator and use attachments
- Understand excavator types and characteristics
- Understand excavator capabilities and limitations
- Calculate safe working loads
- Interpret drawings and sketches
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements
- Carry out basic earthworks calculation
Units of Competency
- RIIMPO320F – Conduct civil construction excavator operations
- Minimum 17 years
- 1-3 days (dependent on experience)
- Assessment only one day (dependent on experience) – Monday
- Weekend (3 days)
- Weekdays (3 days)
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements. Weekdays available.
- Low student to trainer ratio
- 38-42 Lock Ave, Werribee VIC 3030
- 351-359 Portarlington Road, Moolap VIC 3224 (Geelong)
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- As MultiSkills Training is not CRICOS approved we are unable to enrol any students that are on a student VISA, if you are on a student VISA you will need to go to a TAFE or RTO that is CRICOS approved.
- Ability to comprehend the English language
- A USI Number (Unique Student Identifier) Visit: www.usi.gov.au
- Safety footwear
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
Fee for service
- $650 per person
- $400 per person (assessment only)
- Looking to do more than one plant ticket? When you book two or more plant tickets price is reduced to $550 per person, per machine.
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Theory Re-Assessment – $150
- Practical & Theory Re-Assessment – 80% of the total course fee
- Card re-print fee – To issue a replacement card, there will be a fee of $30
How much are excavator tickets?
Attaining an excavator ticket with MultiSkills Training means undertaking our excavator training course which will cost $650.00. However, if you want to get certified to operate more than just one type of plant machinery, you can undertake a second course, and have the cost of each dropped to $550.00.
Do you need a licence for an excavator?
Becoming certified to operate an Excavator requires both theory and practical training and assessment.
Getting your excavator ticket doesn’t need to be a battle though. With our accredited training courses and industry expert trainers to help you along the way, you can be confident that you will receive quality training that will get yourself certified in no time.
How do I get my excavator ticket?
Getting your excavator ticket requires you to undertake training and assessment under an accredited provider. MultiSkills Training is a registered training organisation who delivers accredited training courses for those looking to get their excavator ticket. A course typically costs $650.00, but you can see the cost of individual courses dropped by taking on one of our package deals.
How long does it take to learn to operate an excavator?
MultiSkills Training can get you up to speed and operating an excavator safely in three days. With professional instructors overseeing your progress and answering any and all of your questions, you’ll be ready to go in no time. Get in contact with MultiSkills Training today to get started.
How old do you have to be to get your excavator ticket?
You need to be at least 17 years of age to undertake training and assessment for your excavator ticket with MultiSkills Training.
What does an excavator operator make?
Excavator operators in Victoria can expect to earn an hourly rate in the mid-thirties. The skill of operating heavy machinery sees consistently high demand and a well-paying role is a possibility for most of those that complete their excavator ticket training and assessment.
Is operating an excavator hard?
Like learning any new skill, operating an excavator gets easier with practice. The most important details are the ones relating to safety and awareness. When starting out, it’s important that you seek the best training and get yourself up to speed with an accredited training provider. MultiSkills Training is one such provider, get in touch today!
Getting your excavator ticket is a sure way to open up many opportunities for employment within the building and civil construction industry. Our practical and knowledge-based training provides students with the skills needed to feel confident and assured that they can get any job done. Our trainers are industry experts who have the industry experience to train and develop anyone to a high level of competency. Each and every one of our trainers knows how to communicate and work productively to get the best learning outcome for your individual needs.
We have facilities in both Melbourne and Geelong and also offer the option of working from client sites for your convenience and accessibility. MultiSkills cares about each and every student that undertakes one of our courses and we want to ensure that you have an exceptional student experience. We are confident that anyone who chooses one of our courses will be more than satisfied by the level of expertise, care and quality that we provide.
You can also undertake courses across different fields with MultiSkills to get you job ready. We can help you to get your crane and forklift license and also offer haul truck training. Adding these qualifications to your resume is a smart way to get noticed when applying for your next job.
Get in touch with our friendly team today to discuss your training needs. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer care for each and every student who chooses to study with MultiSkills. We provide high-quality learning experiences to equip Victorian students with the skills that they need to succeed in their chosen industry.