In this course you will learn the skills required to safely operate a slewing mobile crane with a capacity up to 20 tonnes.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Operate a slewing mobile crane up to 20 tonnes in different types of workplaces transferring key principles of safe operation to different contexts
- Select the appropriate slewing mobile crane in accordance with load and workplace conditions
- Operate crane including all functions to their maximum extension, lifting and moving of loads with maximum safe working load
- Assess ground conditions
- Read and interpret crane specifications including load charts to enable the crane to be configured for loads
- Understand crane characteristics
- Accurately record and maintain information relating to crane operation
- Use communication techniques including whistles, hand signals and use of two-way radios
- Identify hazards and assess risks associated with operation
- Conduct pre-operational checks and identify faults
TLILIC3008 – Licence to operate a slewing mobile crane (up to 20 tonnes)
- Low student to trainer ratio
Duration – 4 days
- Flexible delivery
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements
Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
To be eligible to undertake a High Risk Work Licence in Victoria you must be a Victorian resident and be able to provide Government issued photo identification that proves you reside in Victoria, if your photo identification does not have a Victorian address you must also provide one of the following forms of identification upon enrolment:
- Victorian Firearm Licence
- Victorian Boat Licence
- KeyPass or Proof of age card with Victorian address
- A utility bill – e.g. gas or water bill with Victorian address
- A bank statement with Victorian address
- A statutory declaration proving that you reside in Victoria
If you cant provide one of the above please contact the office on 1800 754 557.
- Fee for service – $2,400 pp
- The licence to perform High Risk Work is issued by WorkSafe Victoria. When the assessor deems you competent, you are issued with a Notice of Assessment which you must lodge at a Post Office within 60 days to obtain your licence from WorkSafe Victoria. This incurs a fee payable to WorkSafe Victoria.
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Reassessment Fees:
Theory Re-Assessment – $150
Practical & Theory Re-Assessment – 80% of the total course fee
Nationally Recognised Training