This machine is commonly used on building and civil construction sites. Operators require a certificate of competency.
In this Backhoe/Loader course you will learn the skills to conduct backhoe/loader operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating backhoe/ loaders; lifting, carrying and placing materials; selecting, removing and fitting attachments; relocating the backhoe/ loaders; carrying out machine operator maintenance; and cleaning up.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Understand backhoe/ loader types and characteristics
- Understand backhoe/loader capabilities and characteristics
- Understand basic principles of soils
- Calculate safe working loads
- Operate the backhoe/loader and use attachments
- Interpret drawings and sketches
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements
- Carry out basic earthworks calculations
- At the end and upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a backhoe/loader competency card.
- RIIMPO319D – Conduct backhoe/loader operations
- Low student to trainer ratio
Duration – 1-2 days (dependent on experience)
- Assessment only one day – Monday
- Available on weekends only (Saturday – Sunday)
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
- 38-42 Lock Ave, Werribee VIC 3030
Are you looking to gain an entry level role in the civil construction industry? If so, please see our new Plant Operator Government Funded Skill Set.
- Fee for service – $650.00 pp (weekdays)
- Looking to do more than one plant ticket? When you book two or more plant tickets price is reduced to $550.00 pp per machine.
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- Reassessment Fees:
Theory Re-Assessment – $150
Practical & Theory Re-Assessment – 80% of the total course fee
Please click here for more PACKAGE DEALS
Nationally Recognised Training