A WorkSafe High Risk Licence is required for anyone to operate a boom type elevated work platform in excess of eleven metres.
In this Elevated Work Platform course you will learn the skills and knowledge required to operate a boom-type elevated work platform (boom length 11 metres or more), and involves the operation of a telescoping device, hinged device, or articulated device or any combination of these used to support a platform on which personnel, equipment and materials may be elevated to perform work.
This two day course will teach you the skills to:
- operate and control mobile elevated work platforms with a boom length over 11 metres.
- position, stabilise and set up elevated work platforms with a boom length over 11 metres.
- understand elevated work platform characteristics and capabilities.
- estimation of loads.
- effective communication skills.
- identify hazards and assess risks including overhead power lines.
- identify problems and equipment faults.
At the end and upon successful completion of this course, you are then able to sit your licence test to operate an elevated work platform. Licences are then issued by WorkSafe Victoria.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
- Must be able to provide 100 points of identity.
- $580.00 per person
MultiSkills understand that schedules can be tight and that it may not always be convenient to come to us, which is why we offer onsite services. In most cases we can come to you, at a time and place that suits.