MultiSkills Training, has construction courses available either as full fee or with Government funding under the Victorian Training Guarantee for eligible students. Government funding is not a loan and is provided with Victorian & Commonwealth Government Funding. Eligible students are entitled to Government funding for the following courses:
Am I eligible for a government-subsidised training place?
Generally, you are eligible for a government-subsidised training place if you are:
- an Australian citizen
- an Australian Permanent Resident (holder of a permanent visa)
- a New Zealand citizen
and are any of the following:
- under 20 years of age
- seeking to enrol in a Foundation Skills List course (and do not hold a Diploma or above qualification or are receiving core skills training in other sectors)
- seeking to enrol in VCE or VCAL
- seeking to enrol in an apprenticeship
- 20 years and older and ‘upskilling’ by seeking to enrol in a course at a higher level than your existing qualification.
Current school students
If you are enrolled at a school, you will not be able to receive a government-subsidised training place for a course through the Victorian Training Guarantee, unless you are undertaking the course as part of a School-Based Apprenticeship or Traineeship.
In Victoria, the Education and Training Reform Act (2006) requires that children and young people between the age of 6 and 17 be enrolled at a school, unless exempted by an Order made by the Minister. Such exemptions are administered under delegation by Department Regional Directors and School Principals.
Therefore Prior to enrolling a student who is under the age of 17 we must meet the following guidelines:
- For students who have not yet completed Year 10, the RTO must sight correspondence or a certificate signed by the Department of Education and Training Regional Director that exempts the student from school attendance and clearly identifies the RTO and the training to be undertaken;
- and for students who have completed Year 10, the RTO must sight either: correspondence or a certificate signed by the School Principal confirming an exemption from school attendance has been granted and clearly identifying the RTO and the training to be undertaken, OR a completed Transition from School Form indicating the School Principal has authorised an exemption from school enrolment and clearly identifying the RTO and the training to be undertaken (noting that this can only be sighted if provided by the student or their parent/carer).
How many courses am I eligible for?
You are eligible to commence a maximum of two subsidised courses at the same qualification level in your lifetime. This restriction applies whether or not you complete the courses. For example, this means if you have already commenced two courses at the Certificate III level, you may only commence courses at the Certificate IV level (or above).
This restriction does not apply to courses on the Foundation Skills List or to students recommencing training in the same qualification (at the same or a different provider).
In addition, eligible students can begin up to two subsidised courses in a year as long as you are not doing any more than two courses at a time.
Please be advised that enrolling in Government funded subsidised courses may affect your future training options and eligibility for further Government subsidised training under the Victorian Training Guarantee.
Falsifying any information regarding eligibility for Government funding may result in you having to pay back the Government for the subsidised training
What are the fees?
- The Victorian Government will help cover the cost of training in a government subsidised place. You may still be required to cover some of the cost by paying tuition fees.
- The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
What if I want to study but are not eligible for the subsidy?
- You can still study at your choice of training provider if places are available, but you may not be able to access a government subsidised tuition fee.
Where can I get more information?
- Call in and see us or call us on 1800 SKILLS (1800 754 557) or email email@example.com or visit education.vic.gov.au/victorianskillsgateway/Students/Pages/default.aspx
Trade Training Group Pty Ltd TOID 40846
Trading as MultiSkills Training
The Victorian Training Guarantee (VTG) is a Government initiative providing subsidized training for eligible individuals who wish to obtain a VET qualification. It is funded with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding. MultiSkills can assist you and the process is simple.