This machine is commonly used on building and civil construction sites. Operators require a certificate of competency.
In this roller course you will learn the skills to conduct roller operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating a roller; relocating the roller; carrying out machine operator maintenance; and cleaning up.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Understand roller types and characteristics
- Understand roller capabilities and characteristics
- Understand basic principles of soils
- Calculate safe working loads
- Interpret drawings and sketches
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements
- Carry out basic earthworks calculations
- At the end and upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a roller competency card.
- RIIMPO317E – Conduct roller operations
- Low student to trainer ratio
Duration – 1-2 days (dependent on experience)
- Flexible delivery
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements
- Weekday and Weekends available
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
- Fee for service – $850.00 pp
- Looking to do more than one plant ticket? When you book two or more plant tickets price is reduced to $550.00 pp per machine.
- Government funding is available to eligible individuals who enrol in the qualification RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations
- MultiSkills can also offer V.O.C. (Verification of Competency) options, either on or offsite. Contact us for details.
- MultiSkills wants you to succeed. That’s why on all of our courses, if you require a reassessment we will offer this at no additional cost. The reassessment must be booked and completed within 50 days of your original course date. If you do not attend your reassessment within the 50 day period you will need to pay a $200 reassessment fee.