This machine is commonly used on building and civil construction sites. Operators require a certificate of competency.
In this roller course you will learn the skills to conduct roller operations in the civil construction industry. It includes: planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating a roller; relocating the roller; carrying out machine operator maintenance; and cleaning up.
This course will teach you the skills to:
- Understand roller types and characteristics
- Understand roller capabilities and characteristics
- Understand basic principles of soils
- Calculate safe working loads
- Interpret drawings and sketches
- Apply site and equipment safety requirements
- Carry out basic earthworks calculations
- At the end and upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a roller competency card.
- RIIMPO317E – Conduct roller operations
- Low student to trainer ratio
Duration – 1-2 days (dependent on experience)
- Flexible delivery
- This course can be delivered to accommodate learning styles and employment arrangements
- Weekdays available
- Written activities, verbal questions, observation and practical demonstration
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be issued with a nationally accredited statement of attainment
Nationally Recognised Training